The nomination process is dependent on several qualifying factors
- The JSHoF Executive Committee pursues information on existing websites, publications, and media outlets to identify Jews, who in their capacity as athletes, have achieved prominence.
- These individuals have performed on championship teams or have been honored with awards which certify them as worthy of recognition.
- Nominees may be living or deceased individuals whose athletic careers have been played primarily in Northern California.
- Individuals who have made significant financial contributions to athletic facilities on Northern California college campuses are also considered.
- The JSHoF Executive Committee presents its final nominations to the Northern California Jewish Sports Hall of Fame Board of Directors.
- Honored individuals are inducted at the annual installation ceremony and banquet.